Are you looking to work collaboratively on projects where the client is truly part of the team? Do you want to add value not only to the client, but the end user? Do you want to contribute to your workplace culture?
Boost are well known for our Ruby on Rails development, UX design, and Agile Coaching. We are located in a beautiful new office on Courtenay Place - the heart of Wellington. We love working in close collaboration with our amazing clients and we’re on the hunt for talented digital designers to join us.
We think Boost is pretty special. We have a high-trust environment that encourages people to self-govern and take ownership of their work and continued learning. This translates to a lot of freedom and flexibility at work, but don’t worry, you won’t be doing it alone. Through mentoring and sharing knowledge, Boost strongly believes in supporting each other as a team to achieve their goals.
We believe a company is defined by the work they turn down. We are selective about the work we do, and want you to have significant input into that. We work on what we believe to be the most interesting projects in New Zealand that truly add value to our clients and have a positive impact on people’s lives. In our time at Boost we have been challenged to create engaging transactional sites and apps for the likes of Any Questions, DigitalNZ, Life Education Trust and Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision.
- You have at least 2 years experience as a digital designer.
- You design high-quality, well-crafted web and mobile apps providing the simplest possible solution that is appropriate for clients and their customers; and giving every user the best experience possible.
- You enjoy working in small teams that deliver uncompromised work early.
- You are comfortable working closely with clients, they are part of the team after all.
- You are customer-focused and pragmatic: You believe in continually delivering value to clients and their customers.
- You thrive on mentoring and working closely with other designers.
- You employ design thinking and work in an iterative way to ideate many solutions; testing and refining to realise the best outcome.
- You document and share ideas/processes with clients, taking clients on the design thinking journey to understanding the solution.
- You have excellent communication skills and understand the need for rich and effective conversations between all team members.
- You take ownership of your own professional development, you are passionate about design with an eagerness to continually improve.
We have all the perks you would expect from a creative and vibrant digital agency; coffee, fresh fruit and team celebrations included. What is it that sets us apart though?
- We’ll teach you Agile UX and Design. Every team member has gone through our highly regarded Agile training and every team has an Agile coach to support them.
- We believe in work-life balance: we hire people for their passions in and outside of work.
- We are a flexible work environment. We trust you. As a team we are accountable for our quality and output of work. We don’t do micromanaging.
- We are a certified democratic workplace. We don’t have top-down management, we want you to have a strong voice in shaping Boost.
- You’ll be motivated to continue learning and growing. We hold fortnightly Research and Development days, as well as sending our team to relevant conferences.