Boost is well known for our close collaboration and transparency with our amazing clients, ensuring we’re meeting their needs. We occupy a sunny, open-plan office in the heart of Wellington which supports our Web and Mobile development, UX design, and Agile Coaching.
We are currently on the lookout for another developer to join our growing team. At Boost we pride ourselves on creating a high-trust environment that fosters a lot of freedom and flexibility at work. Don’t worry though, you won’t be alone, you’ll be mentored by our experienced developers while also being encouraged to share your own knowledge and experiences. We are accountable as a team not the individual.
We believe a company is defined by the work they turn down. While we are more selective about the work we choose to accept, we believe our projects to be not only interesting, but provide a positive impact to people's lives in New Zealand. In our time at Boost we have been challenged to add genuine value to sites and apps for the likes of Any Questions, DigitalNZ, GS1, Life Education Trust, and Nga Taonga Sound & Vision. We mostly use Ruby on Rails, along with Ionic, Angular, ReactJS, Vue JS & Flutter. We also have the opportunity to work on Open Source projects, such as SuppleJack, Safety Cone and Plug.
* You are someone who prides themselves on writing beautiful and efficient code: You care about quality, code that not only developers appreciate but the end users love using.
* You have had at least two year’s experience working as a software developer.
* Experience with/knowledge of Git and automated deployment systems.
* You are customer-focussed and pragmatic: You believe in continually delivering value to clients and their customers.
* You are comfortable working closely with clients, they are part of the team after all.
* You believe team collaboration is important for quality; having experience in practices such as code reviewing and pair programming.
* You enjoy working in small teams that deliver uncompromised work early.
* You have excellent communication skills; you understand the value in transparent conversations between all team members.
* You're eager to continually improve; with Boost as support you'll be proactive with your professional development.
We have all the perks you would expect from a creative and vibrant digital agency; coffee, fresh fruit and team celebrations included. What is it that sets us apart though?
* We support every team member with a one on one coach; whether you want professional or personal development.
* You’ll be motivated to continue learning and growing. We hold fortnightly Research and Development days, as well as sending our team to relevant conferences.
* We are a WorldBlu certified democratic workplace. We don’t have top-down management, we want you to have a strong voice in shaping Boost, and the work we choose to do.
* We’ll teach you Agile software development. Every team member has gone through our highly regarded Agile training.
* We believe in balance: we hire people for their passions in and outside of work whether that’s music, surfing or even knitting.
* We are a flexible work environment. We trust you. As a team we are accountable, we don’t do micromanaging.
Who we work with is the most important decision Boost make as a company so we take a lot of care with our hiring.
If Boost sounds like your kind of workplace, we highly encourage you to apply.
If you have any questions about this job or Boost, please get in touch with Nat on 04 939 0062 or [email protected]