Ruby on Rails Developer
Are you looking to work collaboratively on projects where the client is truly part of the team? Do you want to add value not only to the client, but the end user? Do you want to contribute to your workplace culture?
Boost are well known for our Ruby on Rails development, UX design, and Agile Coaching. We are located in a breathtaking new office on Courtenay Place - the heart of Wellington. We love working in close collaboration with our amazing clients and we’re on the hunt for talented Ruby on Rails developers to join us.
We think Boost is pretty special. We have a high-trust environment that inspires people to self-govern and take ownership of their work and continued learning. This translates to a lot of freedom and flexibility at work, but don’t worry, you won’t be doing it alone. Through mentoring and sharing knowledge, Boost strongly believes in supporting each other as a team to achieve their goals.
We believe a company is defined by the work they turn down. We are selective about the work we do, and want to include your significant input into that. We work on what we believe to be the most interesting projects in New Zealand that truly add value to our clients and have a positive impact on people’s lives. In our time at Boost we have been challenged to create engaging transactional sites and apps for the likes of Any Questions, DigitalNZ, Life Education Trust and Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision.
- You are someone who loves to write beautiful and efficient code: You care about high-quality software, code that not only developers appreciate but the end users love to use.
- You have had at least two year’s experience working as a Ruby on Rails developer.
- Experience with/knowledge of Git, SVN and automated deployment systems
- You are customer-focussed and pragmatic: You believe in continually delivering value to clients and their customers.
- You are familiar with Agile software development approaches like Scrum, XP, TDD or BDD.
- You enjoy working in small teams that deliver uncompromised work early.
- You are comfortable working closely with clients, they are part of the team after all.
- You have excellent communication skills and understand the need for rich and effective conversations between all team members.
- You'll be autonomous with your own professional development; you are passionate about coding with an eagerness to continually improve.
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
We have all the perks you would expect from a creative and vibrant digital agency; coffee, fresh fruit and team celebrations included. What is it that sets us apart though?
- We’ll teach you Agile software development. Every team member has gone through our highly regarded Agile training and every team has an Agile coach to support them.
- We believe in work-life balance: we hire people for their passions in and outside of work.
- We are a flexible work environment. We trust you. As a team we are accountable for our quality and output of work. We don’t do micromanaging.
- We are a certified democratic workplace. We don’t have top-down management, we want you to have a strong voice in shaping Boost.
- You’ll be motivated to continue learning and growing. We hold fortnightly Research and Development days, as well as sending our team to relevant conferences.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!